CPFAN Minutes, February 2, 2021
CPFAN Board Meeting
February 2, 2021
Members in attendance at the Zoom meeting were: Sandrea Robnett, Georgia Garnsey, Woody Garnsey, Fred Bender, Patty Paul, John Brett, Kelly Crosby, Keith Loftin, Jackie Victor
- Sandy Robnett called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm.
John Brett made a motion to approve the secretary’s minutes, and it was seconded by Sandy. The Motion passed.
The treasurer reported $207.46 in the CPFAN account at UMB Bank. Patty made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report and John seconded. The motion passed.
- Meeting last week on Nature Play was fabulous. There will be water in the De Boer Canyon, also log seating areas, bridges. Outreach by the DMNS was impressive. The area of the project reaches from the DeBoer Canyon through the South playground and to the lily pond.
- Maria Flora reported on the Adopt-a-Flowerbed Program and how to sign up. The DPR maintenance staff has been cut in half, dramatically increasing the need for volunteer support. It is important to have a solid core of volunteers. There will be more opportunities with the plantings included in the Nature Play project.
- Kelly reported that the excitement for East student projects mentioned at the last meeting has quieted somewhat for now. He is expecting increased engagement with Nature Play.
- Ideas for future projects:
Concerns included opening bathrooms, goose well-being, and a mural project similar to the street murals at 19th and Elm, and at 30th and Dahlia. A suggestion was made to contact Blair Taylor regarding the murals. Keith and Jackie mentioned that they are concerned about water filtration and other water issues in the SE corner of the park.
- New Business- none
- Old Business- none
VII. Sandy asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Keith moved to adjourn. Patty seconded. The meeting was adjourned at 6:53 pm.
167 total views, 1 views today