Construction to close lanes on York Street and 23rd Avenue near City Park Golf Course
Saunders Construction and their subcontractor, Iron Woman Construction, are scheduled to begin a waterline relocation project starting the week of February 26, 2018. The project extends along East 23rd Avenue and York Street. *Note: Access to the Denver Zoo, Denver Museum Nature and Science, and City Park on 23rd Avenue will remain open the entire time.
Construction will be done in stages to minimize impacts to the public during special events and peak periods of traffic. Detours will be in place for pedestrians, bicycles and vehicle traffic. The contractors will make sure traffic continues to flow safely through the work zones.
The costs for the waterline relocation is approximately $5 million and is part of the City Park Golf Course Redesign project. The work will take roughly 2 1/2 months to complete. The project includes the following:
• Realignment of Denver Water’s pipes, to remove them from inside of the City Park Golf Course site and install them in East 23rd Avenue and York Street
• Repaving and resurfacing the road as needed
• 23rd Avenue: Partial lane closures on 23rd Avenue between Steele and York Streets, with flaggers controlling traffic.
• 23rd Avenue weekend closures: There will also be full closures of all lanes on East 23rd Avenue between Steele and York Streets on the weekends of March 3 – 4, March 10-11, and potentially on March 17-18 if additional time for the work is needed.
• 24th Avenue: Full lane closures on 24th Avenue between York Street and Gaylord Street.
• York Street: Two lanes of York Street will be closed with one lane open in each direction.
The majority of the construction work will take place Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with some night work as necessary. Please note that this schedule may change due to bad weather or other unexpected conditions. For more information, please call the project hotline at 303-386-9150 (TTY: 720-512-7257) or go to the website at www.CPGCredesign.org.
The City and County of Denver, Denver Water, Saunders Construction, and Iron Woman Construction would like to remind drivers that wearing a safety belt is the single most effective way to protect people and reduce fatalities in motor vehicle crashes. Please drive cautiously in construction zones.
226 total views, 1 views today