From: CPD Communications <CPDCommunications@denvergov.org>
Date: January 31, 2018 at 4:33:07 PM MST
To: CPD Communications <CPDCommunications@denvergov.org>
Subject: Blueprint Denver workshops: Moving beyond “areas of change,” “areas of stability”
Hello from Denver Community Planning and Development!
Denverites have called for a more inclusive city with strong and authentic neighborhoods. To achieve that, we must move beyond Denver’s “areas of change” and “areas of stability” model, established in 2002.
Based on your input in Denveright’s Blueprint Denver planning effort, city planners are working on a new approach to managing land use in our city.
The new concept acknowledges that all places in our city are constantly evolving in pursuit of becoming complete in their own way — not just through enabling or limiting development, but through quality-of-life infrastructure like safe sidewalks, housing options, transit access, parks and open space. Diversity, affordability and good urban design/architecture are key to complete neighborhoods as well.
Regional centers and corridors would take on the most growth, while the remainder of Denver’s places would evolve in smaller ways. Ensuring the proper scale and intensity for all places — and appropriate transitions between residential areas and other places — are key to livability.
Come to one of several Blueprint Denver workshops in February and March to learn more about potential strategies for land use and transportation in your neighborhood and citywide.
Creating a Complete City: Blueprint Denver Workshops
- Feb. 20, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m., 3950 S. Holly St., Denver (Council district 4)
- Feb. 21, 5:30 – 7 p.m., 5100 Lincoln St., Denver (Council district 9)
- Feb. 22, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m., 1900 W. 38th Ave., Denver (Council district 1)
- Feb. 22, 6 – 8 p.m., 1625 S. University Blvd. (Council district 6)
- Feb. 27, 5:30 – 8 p.m., 1498 Irving St., Denver (Council district 3)
- Mar. 7, 6 – 7:30 p.m., 4800 Telluride St., Denver (Council district 11)
- Mar. 15, 5:30 – 7 p.m., 2000 Valentia St., Denver (Council district 8)
More workshops are being scheduled. Check our website for information on workshops in council districts 2, 5, 7 and 10.
177 total views, 1 views today